srijeda, 2. rujna 2015.

My new-old sewing machine

The first prototype of sewing machines in the Bagat is made by precise mechanic Sime Pavic in 1955, bringing together 160 different parts manufactured in the same facility, the old engines, which the factory had. The prototype could perform walk forward and backward, zig-zag, semi-seam stitching buttonholes, quilting buttons, produces nine types of patterns and sewing with two needles. Bagat was one of the biggest factories of sewing machines in Europe and was employing around 3,500 workers.
"Bagat" as used machines can be found on the market even today. Many servicers continue to carry out their maintenance and repair, procuring supplies from aboad and buying parts through ads.
I received one as a gift last month. I was very happy because I really love all kind of old stuff. It is a Bagat model Jadranka. It appears to be in good condition. Actually it will need a few minor repairs like lubrication, cleaning some parts ect.
This machine work with foot pedal but also on electricity. I tried to run a needle and it works. So far so good. I look forward to use it.


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar